Get To Know Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get To Know Me

Please copy and paste the questionnaire into your reply so the template is available for the next person.

Name:

Age and Class:

Current Bike:

First Bike:

Your Favorite Track:

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG:

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other:

Your First Race Ever:

When Did You Join OTHG?

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have?

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present:

Your Favorite Saying:

Your Sponsors:

Your Hobbies and Interests:

What Do You Do For a Living?:

Where Do You Live:

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals?

Do You Have a Special Training Diet?

Something Most People Don't Know About You:

Anything Else You Have to Say:

Name: Jim Zack

Age and Class: 53, 52+ Expert

Current Bike: 2005 Yamaha YZ250, 1983 Honda CR 480

First Bike: 1972 Yamaha JT1 Mini Enduro 60; 1973 Yamaha YZ 125; 1974 125 Elsinore; 1975 Elsinore 125, etc.

Your Favorite Track: Current: Hollister GP, Back in the Day- Plymouth, the original Hangtown, Mammoth; MountainHigh

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: Around 2003 I won the Bay National at Hollister in the 38+ Int class; Battled with

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: 1979 Amateur Nationals, West region champion (pre-Lorretta Lynn's Amateur series), finished around tenth at the National in Atlanta, David Bailey won. Rode the West Coast Nationals, SX, Trans-USA Support class, etc. in 1979-1981

Your First Race Ever: A rough scrambles at the Salinas airport around 1973 in the 125 novice class on my 125 Yamaha, got lapped, got last place . Got the first Elsinore six months later and raced MX at Watsonville and the old Salinas Sandpit in Prunedale, won my first trophy at my fifth MX at the Sand Pit.

When Did You Join OTHG? 2004-2005, then again this year

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 1972-1981 Pause for school, work, marriage, kids, etc, then 2004-2008, pause, then this year.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Decoster, Ake Johnsson, Hannah; Dungey, Winham

Your Favorite Saying: Wining isn't everything, it's the only thing

Your Sponsors: Me

Your Hobbies and Interests: MX, Motorcycle racing in general, cycling, art and design, food

What Do You Do For a Living?: Architect/Builder/Developer

Where Do You Live: San Francisco

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals?: Consistently top three in the 52 Expert class, and beat Glenn Jennings!! Get back in the saddle after busting my shoulder at Fernley.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? I try, but have my own business, two young kids,etc. I try, eat low carb, ride bicycles, but never enough time....

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I am actually a nice guy. I used to be fast.

Anything Else You Have to Say: I am enjoying the new OTHG with all of the gang only races and lots of new blood.

Comment

Name: Britt Brittain

Age and Class: 34

Current Bike: Honda crf 250r

First Bike: 93 kx250

Your Favorite Track: of the ones I have been to hangtown mx

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: my second overall place finish at riverfront and my third overall in Reno 30 novice.

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: none really

Your First Race Ever: June 2010 with the OTHG at MMX (riverfront)

When Did You Join OTHG? 2010

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? I rode my first dirt bike at the age of 12 (79 yamaha 250) My dad said if I could start it I could ride it. I remember going so fast my eyes were watering through the goggles. I feel like I probably have 10 years + experience.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: past: Chad Reed present: Chad Reed

Your Favorite Saying: "Equipment ruined is directly proportional to experience gained" -Arno David Brittain

Your Sponsors: Aireride, Pizza Pirate

Your Hobbies and Interests: drift cars, bass fishing, skateboarding, tennis, snowboarding, swimming, camping, painting, computers

What Do You Do For a Living?: work as the Store Delivery Clerk for Cupertino Union School District and work as a Janitor on the side for Capitol Building Maintenance (extra money for racing)

Where Do You Live: San Jose, CA

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? I met some by getting my first trophies.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? No but I have motorcycle racing to thanks for motivating me to eat right and drink lots of water

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I love to dance to house music

Anything Else You Have to Say: Thanks OTHG for all the great weekends and friends I have met!

Comment

Name: Alyssa Hanover

Age and Class: 28 women's a

Current Bike: 2002 xr400 no race bike at the moment

First Bike: 1996 xr100

Your Favorite Track: oatfield

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: not getting last place lol

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other:

Your First Race Ever: oat field Oct 2011

When Did You Join OTHG? 2011

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 6 years

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: kdub 14

Your Favorite Saying:

Your Sponsors:

Your Hobbies and Interests: mx, trail riding, camping, wrenching

What Do You Do For a Living?: stay at home mom with new baby

Where Do You Live: san jose

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? race again someday

Do You Have a Special Training Diet?

Something Most People Don't Know About You:

Anything Else You Have to Say:[/QUOTE]

Comment

Name: Ramien Ebadypour 969B

Age and Class: 34 - 30NOV

Current Bike: 2013 CRF450Rrrrrr!

First Bike: 91 XR100 (Blew the top end the first week I got it, took it back and got a CR80 - my real first bike!)

Your Favorite Track: Hangtown / Glen Helen - Toss up!

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: 1st Overall Beginner Class, 2nd Overall Novice Class

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: Bumping into Novice class after just a few races as a beginner in 2013, now running close to Intermediate times (no BUMP talk this year please LOL)

Your First Race Ever: July 2012 Argyll (first eval race with OTHG)

When Did You Join OTHG? Argyll 2012

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? I started riding with my brother up at Hollister Hills when I was 12, stopped after a few years. Just started riding againg in early 2012, first real MX track ride was at 408 in April 2012.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Beast of the East Damon Bradshaw - SJ 1991, need I say more?! Now it's Bam Bam Barcia.

Your Favorite Saying: If it ain't broke you're probably not using it enough!

Your Sponsors: First and foremost ACR!!!!! Secondly...my brother, my GF and family!!!! Lastly...FMF, Kali, ASV, Pirelli, 1.7

Your Hobbies and Interests: I play Ice hockey, golf, love the outdoors, riding my Harley, photography, filmmaking, classic car restoration, computer tech ****, writing, anything racing, Giants/49ers/Sharks!!!

What Do You Do For a Living?: Failure Analysis Manager for a network security company

Where Do You Live: Morgan Hill

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? Top 25 in the club, meeting new people and winning races! I'm highly competitive and love speed!

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Lost 40 lbs at the beginning of this season after making a lifestyle choice - low calore foods spread out throughout the day, cardio at the gym 4 days a week.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I'm a scratch golfer and attempted to qualify for the US Open.

Anything Else You Have to Say: I'm so thankful that I found OTHG! Why it took me so long to rekindle my love affair with dirt bikes is unclear, but now that I have i don't want to ever give it up again. Motocross for life baby!
          Last edited by ramien969b; 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM.
          Just a quarter more throttle and I'll be a quarter more throttle closer to the finish line!
          Thank you rider support: Leatt, ASV, Pirelli, 1.7, Kali, FMF, Matrix, ONEAL

Comment

Please copy and paste the questionnaire into your reply so the template is available for the next person.

Name: Damion Clayton

Age and Class: 38 Nov

Current Bike: 06 CRF 250

First Bike: 04 XR 250

Your Favorite Track: Hollister

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: 30 Beg Class Champ ('09?). 2nd in the Nat'ls that year, too. And, Bay Nat'l '11, crashed first lap of Moto 4, raced from 23rd to 7th. Best race of my "career".

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: Back before I was a productive member of society, in a foot "race", I outran 2 friends and more importantly, the security guard who was bringing up the rear. And I was the one carrying the "liberated item".

Your First Race Ever: Hollister '08. Thought for sure I'd get moved to Novice. I'm hella fast inside my helmet.

When Did You Join OTHG? Just after La Grange that year. I went to watch so I could make sure I could do this.

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 10-ish

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Windham, and Trey

Your Favorite Saying: In response to almost anything: ...well, most days... Or "I'm good at some things."

Your Sponsors: the City of Modesto and Memorial Medical Center. And Honda of Modesto, they give me a sweet deal on parts.

Your Hobbies and Interests: moto, snowboarding, and apparently having babies. The latter has drastically reduced the amount of time I get to do the others.

What Do You Do For a Living?: Head Grown Man Sitter for the concrete crew @ the C.O.M.

Where Do You Live: Modesto

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? Just to be able to do it again, hopefully soon.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Fast food, daily. I dont know why I'm so fat.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I'm really not a jerk. Ok, maybe sometimes. Yeah, whatever. Eff you!

Anything Else You Have to Say: Thats all I have to say about that.
            "Thats just the kind of forward, out-of-the-box thinking this place needs!....and it won't be tolerated!" Yep, that one's mine. I love my job.

Comment

Name: Scot Doolittle

Age and Class: 38 novice

Current Bike: 2011-2012???? rmz450

First Bike: 1979 susuki jr50

Your Favorite Track: clubmo408to

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: Actually beating 312 last year once. Don't really care he wasnt feeling good or whatever his excuse was. Two begginer nationals. Recently a few fourth place, just off the podium finishes in the novice class. These mean more to me then the beg national overalls. Oh and top 25 (21st) in club wich got me a 8000 dollar cowboy jacket!

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: I beat a kid across the playground and over the fence one time who wanted to kill me, he was the fastest runner I had ever known!

Your First Race Ever: club moto july 7 2011

When Did You Join OTHG? july 2011

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? I ve been riding on and off since I was 6, really wish I had stuck with it, I might actually be fast by now

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: As a kid I liked jeff stanton, Damon Bradshaw and McGrath. These days its tough, I really like Dungey but sometimes he's just too positive, lol. Chad reed too. Always want to see the privateer or underdog do well but I truely respect all the guys accept Alessi's DAD.

Your Favorite Saying: I am 10 minutes out

Your Sponsors: ACR but really I sponsor them just as all us A#$ Clowns do. Actually all the people like mika metals, dt1, axo, one industries, and DEE JAY with the race gas program make it so much easier to afford all this expensive stuff with great discounts for us old guys.

Your Hobbies and Interests: Moto, anything outdoors really. Used to really enjoy surfing and snow skiing but bikes have ruined my knees so not much anymore. Doing stuff with my boys and enjoying there first experiences.

What Do You Do For a Living?: General building contractor but really our foucus is on cabinets and fine woodwork.

Where Do You Live: concord

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? To consistantly get better and safer on the track and feel comfortable pushing a little without getting out of control. I d like to be faster but still be within the 80% range of my ability. I want to get in better shape so when a moto is done I dont fall over Also want to race some non othg stuff.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? I try to make good choices, but during the week I slip big time. Thankfully my wife is really good at having healthy options at home otherwise I'd be 500 lbs.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I am not really a D!@K! I just enjoy being sarcastic. I have a huge stuffed animal collection, and like to paint happy trees. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and,and,and...

Anything Else You Have to Say: Its only been a couple years but cant really imagine what Id be spending my time and money on if it wasnt for the GANG?? I have met some really cool people and 4 WCD's but I would'nt have it any other way. I think this has been a definite positive for me! I was heading down the path of a guy who only works. Moto is one of few things you have to give 110% concentration to and cant think about work and other stresses. I actually was sort of pescribed it. A doctor I know who rides said adults with A.D.D do better when they are involved in extreme sports, it allows them really focus on the task which helps off track too. Now I am just trying to get my HMO to cover yearly cost!

Comment

Name: Andrew

Age and Class: 51, 45 Beginner

Current Bike: YZ250 smoker

First Bike: A stripped down Lambretta SX200 of dubious provenance that we kept and rode in the local woods. It's probably still there.

Your Favorite Track: I like them all. Variety is good.

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: Moved from the very back of the beginner pack to the very middle of the beginner pack. Yaay!

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: Some Hare Scrambles, Enduros, etc. I've been DFL in a wide variety of events. It's all fun.

Your First Race Ever: A D36 family enduro up at Stonyford a couple of years ago. In November. In the snow. What a hoot!

When Did You Join OTHG? Summer 2012

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? Grew up in London where motorcycles were for getting to work through traffic. Been on and off motorcycles ever since, riding off-road 'properly' since 2003.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Past? Mike Hailwood or Joey Dunlop, Isle of Man Heroes. Today? Probably Doug Henry or Destry Abbot. Cody Webb is pretty impressive too.

Your Favorite Saying: What could possibly go wrong?

Your Sponsors: Well, really I sponsor them. Santa Clara Cycle and Zoom for most stuff. Rocky Mountain's race gas program is very cool too.

Your Hobbies and Interests: Photography. And I like sailboats and kayaks, being on the sea is fun too.

What Do You Do For a Living?: Full time desk pilot for a global tech company. I try to keep sales guys out of trouble. We've only lost a few.

Where Do You Live: Mountain View, been in the USA just over 11 years now, was in Switzerland before.

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? I just want to keep on taking the gate and improving as I can.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Heck, no! But maybe I should... Nah, probably not.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I love 2-strokes. I can't explain it either. I just do.

Anything Else You Have to Say: Oh, always. I'm a very accomplished bench racer / yarn spinner and very much enjoy the social aspect of this club.

Comment

Name: Dan Marlow

Age and Class: 38 Intermediate

Current Bike: 2013 KTM 350 XC-F, 2014 YZ250F

First Bike: 1981 XR 500

Your Favorite Track: Club Moto

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: 1 place in one moto second over all at Club Moto June 2013, 1st in both motos hollister race before national.

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: 4th place in Six Hours of Hollister, 3rd and a 4th in District 36 Hare Scramble

Your First Race Ever: 2004 Clubmoto Mutant Motorsports Friday night race. I got second then moved myself up to Novice for the second moto.

When Did You Join OTHG? 3/23/13 MMX race

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 13

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Larocco Carmicheal Henry Canard Dowdy. How can anyone pick only one rider.

Your Favorite Saying: Too many good sayings to pick one. Most used I can't say here.

Your Sponsors: My wife doesn't know I spend her check on racing. Keep that one between us.

Your Hobbies and Interests: My kids then riding and camping. I put it in that order to not scar them if they read this.

What Do You Do For a Living?: Carry my boss so she can look like she know WTF she is doing. Incase you missed it she doesn't know jack. I am the Construction manager for a senior living corporation. We have 11 buildings and are in the process of building the 12th.

Where Do You Live: Concord

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? I want to get hole shots and have fun with no injuries.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? No I have no discipline when it comes to good food.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: My rash is almost gone now.

Anything Else You Have to Say: If I give you a hard time on the forum you have about a 77.986 chance I am just messin with you and don't mean it. I just like to raz people. I have a good scenes of humor though so please give me crap back. I always say as long as it is funny I don't care if it is about me.
                  Last edited by Dan202B; 11-14-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Name: Tim Kamholz

Age and Class: 45 Novice

Current Bike: 2014 KTM 450 SXF Factory Edition

First Bike: 1977 Honda XR75

Your Favorite Track: All Of Them

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: Having Fun and Not Getting Hurt.

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: Many Road Race Victories

Your First Race Ever: 2011

When Did You Join OTHG?2011

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 32 yrs

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Marty Smith/ Ryan Dungy

Your Favorite Saying:Better to Burn out Than to Fade Away

Your Sponsors: Fremont Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki

Your Hobbies and Interests: Mtn Biking, Road Racing

What Do You Do For a Living?: Medical Technician

Where Do You Live: Newark, Ca

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? To Have Fun not get hurt win 45 Nov championship and 45 Novice National Champ

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? None

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I am affraid of Heights. Thats why I am not a big jumper.

Anything Else You Have to Say: Give it your all everyday.

Comment

Name: Hi! David Heistand

Age and Class: 54 - Beginner

Current Bike: 2015 FX250F

First Bike: 1977 RM125

Your Favorite Track: Sand Hill & Club Moto

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: Never Raced

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: Never Raced

Your First Race Ever: N/A

When Did You Join OTHG? April 1st 2015

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 30+, Dirt and Street

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Bob Hurricane, Ricky Carmichael

Your Favorite Saying: Ride with in your limit and you will get faster

Your Sponsors: Myself

Your Hobbies and Interests: Motorcycle's, RC planes

What Do You Do For a Living?: Construction Superintendent

Where Do You Live: Antioch Ca.

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? To have fun!

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? No

Something Most People Don't Know About You: A Father of six

Anything Else You Have to Say: Thanks for having me be a part of your club! See you at the track!
                      Dave 760B
                      52+ Beginners

Comment

Name: David (The)Drake

Age and Class:
                        58, 58 Novice

Current Bike: 2009 CRF 450

First Bike: 1971 Honda SL100

Your Favorite Track: MMX Sand

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: First Place, 52 Beginner, Reno National 2012

Your First Race Ever: 1976, Orange County Raceway

When Did You Join OTHG? 2011

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? Riding(dirt, street), 20+ combined. Lots of breaks in between.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Past: Hannah, Tyer; Present: Canard, Dungey

Your Favorite Saying: No Matter Where You Go...There You Are!

Your Sponsors: My wife Susan. My kids Allison, Amanda, Adam, Jeremiah, and Rick. No Toil, Rocky Mountain Race Gas.

Your Hobbies and Interests: Food, woodworking, playing sports, Hershey's w/almonds.

What Do You Do For a Living?: Solid Waste Driver Supervisor

Where Do You Live: Woodland

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? To beat Jim Jensen more than 50% of the races. 2015 Ironman, 2015 58 Novice National Champion, 2015 Club Champion, 2015 58 Novice Class Champion.

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Hershey's w/almonds and combination pizza.

Something Most People Don't Know About You: Sue and I became brother and sister after being married for 10 years.

Anything Else You Have to Say: I am so happy that I discovered the OTHG. I would not be racing if it wasn't for this group. And I am very thankful to have met John Croce and became friends with him that first year. And that's all I got to say about that!
                        Thank you to my beautiful wife Susan, she is ...my biggest fan.
                        Thank you sponsors: No Toil, Rocky Mountain Race Gas, Mika Metals
                        RIP John 808s, thanks for the friendship.

Comment

Name: Sam Anderson

Age and Class: 45 Beginner

Current Bike: 05 CRF450R

First Bike: 1971 CL100

Your Favorite Track: Argyll MX

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: 1st place overall for the Bay and Valley Nationals. 15th overall with the Sierra chapter.

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: NONE

Your First Race Ever: Watsonville fairgrounds 1982 (only 1 race)

When Did You Join OTHG? Feb 2014

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 37...mostly trails..some street as well.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Past-Bob Hurricane Hannah, Brad Lackey, Ricky Carmichael...Present-James Stewart, Trey Canard, Eli Tomac

Your Favorite Saying: It is what it is

Your Sponsors: My family, 1UpMotorsports, FMXformula...too many more to list

Your Hobbies and Interests: Biking, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Ford 7.3 Diesel....pretty much anything outdoors

What Do You Do For a Living?: Telecommunications Contractor

Where Do You Live: Vacaville

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? Iron man 2015, advance to 45 Novice and national champion

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Chocolate and Margarita's

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I have 8 children.

Anything Else You Have to Say: Live every day to the fullest as though it is your last day. It doesn't matter how much money you have, how big your house is or how much your car cost....you are only as good as your word.
                          Special thanks to my wife, my family and my sponsors. Without this support, racing would not be possible.

Comment

Name: Ben Griswold

Age and Class: 30 / Class: Will find out Sunday 7/12/15

Current Bike: 2002 CR250R

First Bike: 1984 XR200

Your Favorite Track: Argyll MX

Your Racing Accomplishments- OTHG: None

Your Racing Accomplishments- Other: None

Your First Race Ever: Eval on 7/12/15

When Did You Join OTHG? 7/10/15

How Many Years Riding Experience Do You Have? 10, last time I rode consistently was 12 years ago.

Your Favorite Rider-Past & Present: Grew up watching every McGrath race, today, Barcia(Braaaaaappp!!!!)

Your Favorite Saying: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Your Sponsors: My checking/savings account from Wells Fargo

Your Hobbies and Interests: Welding, Snowmobiling, Boating, my family of 3

What Do You Do For a Living?: Welding/Fabrication

Where Do You Live: Antioch, CA

What Are Your Riding or Racing Goals? To get comfortable on my CR250 by the end of 2015 and podium once before the end of the '15 season

Do You Have a Special Training Diet? Drink lots of water

Something Most People Don't Know About You: I love trying new things and becoming obsessed with them!

Anything Else You Have to Say: From what I hear, OTHG Bay is an amazing organization. It will be great to get into racing shape overtime, lay down a lot of practice and race laps, and meet bad ass human beings. Hopefully I will become an easy-to-learn rider, watching/listening to other OTHG members. Should be a blast

Comment

Working...
                            X